Tuesday 6 November 2007

This IS a deadly long post! (21st week)


Hi, friends!

I have so much I'd like to tell you but I can't seem to manage to write it.
First, I let you have a quick glimpse at the surprise gift for Aline, my cousin. She loved it!

(scatter brain)


It was easy and fast to stitch (and sew!). The design is from this lovely book (click...click). I bought it last spring and I find it very inspirational. Yesterday , I bought the new Mains & Merveilles Au Point de Croix magazine but I'm quite disappointed :-(. I had expected more as it is for Christmas ( it is packed with some thread sampler ...Too bad, you can't flip through it !).

I managed to get started with sewing using this design for a tote bag and Isabelle's advice. Thanks a lot, Isabelle! Your help was precious! I'm quite satisfied with it , all the more as it is my 1st hand made tote bag!


I designed, stitched and sewed it for my dear sister-in-law, Flo. TODAY'S HER BIRTHDAY! She lives in Lower Normandy but she happened to have a meeting today in the city where we live (in Upper Normandy). So, M.D Junior, Flonette and I had lunch together.

She was pleased with her gifts : the tote bag for the furious knitter she is and the following special book . It is a tribute to women (to Flo) and womanhood (to her womanhood). *Ab Fab*!
Yes, it really was a good day!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, FLONETTE!

OK...What else?
I tried to sew another project but the result was not very good. First, because it implies sewing a zip. Second, I used a much too thick fabric for the lining. It's just worth carrying my white board markers!



Last but not least! I bought some gorgeous fabric here. The seller's reliable but the shipping's quite long (3/4 weeks). This address was given to me by Isabelle and I gave it a try! How daring :-)!

Enough for today or you'll be bored! (Tomorrow's post) The next post will be dedicated to knitting, baby clothing and cooking !

One last word: WELCOME BACK NAPO!

See you!

Bonjour les amis!

J'ai plein de choses à raconter mais je ne sais pas par quoi commencer!

Tout d'abord, je vous laisse jeter un coup d'oeil au cadeau surprise pour Aline, ma cousine. Elle a adoré! (Photo 1). Ce fut rapide et facile à broder (et coudre!). le motif vient de ce joli livre. Je l'ai acheté au printemps dernier et il m'inspire beaucoup. Hier, j'ai acheté le dernier Mains et Merveilles au Point de Croix mais je suis déçue. Je m'attendais à mieux pour un numéro spécial Noyel (il est emballé , alors, on ne peut pas le feuilleter avant de l'acheter, crotte).

Je me suis débrouillée pour me mettre à la couture en utilisant ce modèle de sac fourre tout et grâce aux conseils précieux d'Isabelle. Merci, ma belle!

Je suis assez satisfaite du résultat pour un 1er essai (photo 2).

J'ai fait moi-même le p'tit message dessus tout spécialement pour Flo, ma belle-soeur. Elle vit en Basse Normandie et nous , en Haute Normandie, mais elle était de passage pour une journée chez nous! Mon DH, Flo & moi-même avons donc déjeûné ensemble pour son anniversaire.

Elle a aimé ses cadeaux: le sac et le livre de Titouan Lamazou. Superbe, cela dit en passant!

C'était une bonne journée!

Enfin, bienvenue, à NAPO, qui est de retour sur le web!

See you!

J'ai également essayé de faire une pochette avec ce pas-à-pas mais elle est râté, elle suffira pour mes feutres! (photo 4)

Enfin, j'ai acheté du zoli tissu ici et je vous le conseille , même si les délais sont un peu longs!

2 comments:

Kitty Couture said...

Hello sweetie! Thanks for your email. Time is short, so I'll answer it here at the same time as writing you a comment!

Your tote turned out cute and truly, I hardly gave you any advice at all! Great job!

I *heart* the fabric you got from that Ebay seller. Glad it was a nice experience despite the delay. I'll really have to place an order there some time!

Last but not least, j'espère que tout va bien pour toi et votre goblin!! Gros bisous.

Anonymous said...

Quel post, wouaouh! Quel hommage! Merci! Merci pour les wonderful cadeaux, merci pour le déjeuner, merci pour TOUT (you'll see what I mean...).
Gros bisous à tous les 3 et à mon chéri-chouchou (dont je suis la présidente du fan club, je le rappelle!)